Post Image

Five free settlement resources for temporary foreign workers in Canada

July 9, 2024

Although most Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) settlement services are reserved for permanent residents and protected persons, temporary foreign workers (TFWs) are eligible to access some settlement services from provincial and territorial governments across Canada.

Note: Settlement services are offered by a range of providers in all Canadian provinces and territories, all of whom have their own policies, eligibility criteria and offerings.

Am I eligible for IRCC’s settlement services?
Eligibility for settlement services often depends on the criteria outlined by a particular service provider.

According to IRCC, some temporary residents in Canada are eligible for federal settlement services. The department clarifies that IRCC-funded settlement services for TFWs have different eligibility criteria than those provided by privately funded organizations, non-profits and provincially or municipally funded service providers.