- This event has passed.
Webinar: The Importance of Storytelling in Refugee Advocacy
March 17, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Join speakers Shanga Karim, Leila Shifteh and Richard Belcham for this webinar on the importance of storytelling in refugee advocacy and representation.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Storytelling as a tool in refugee advocacy
- Why it’s important to centre refugee voices and experiences
- Best practices for facilitating spaces for folks with lived refugees experience to tell their stories in their own voices
- The difference storytelling makes in people’s lives, both the storyteller and listener
- The importance of documentation and representation of refugee stories