Post Image

How to Hire A Temporary Foreign Worker As A Canadian Employer

April 16, 2021

Canadian employers have two main programs through which they can bring in international talent and labour: the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), and; the International Mobility Program (IMP).

It all comes down to whether or not the particular job is one of the many exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

That’s a document issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) that shows there is both a need for a foreign worker to fill a job and also that no Canadian worker or permanent resident is available to do it.

Jobs that do not require an LMIA are generally those that:

There are two ways to determine whether a particular position falls under one of the many LMIA exemptions.

Employers can either:

Read more